butlering along

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Wed Feb 3 10:28:45 PST 1999

hello,

wondering if the brave souls who put themselves down for chapters would recap, maybe even if it was just questions, confusions, frustrations.

i actually think a lot of discussion has gone on around this stuff, tangentially, but maybe more interestingly than line by line readings.... but there are maybe interesting questions that have been left hanging, like: is butler evidence for a mourning of the 'death of marx'? is butler a social constructionist? is guilt the precursor of subjectivity?

{ and on a related note: charles, did you mention somewhere, someplace the idea of 'second nature'? was it you, or am i thinking of somebody else? my question being: can someone explain this to me? i have a definition in my mind, but not at all sure i have been thinking it in the ways it is regularly used. }

angela