Himmelfarb erupts

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 5 09:57:09 PST 1999

Marta Russell wrote:

>Does anyone know what Himmelfarb's background is? Like where her money comes
>from, family political background, etc., you know, the skinny on her. Isn't
>she a board member of AEI, for starters?

I don't know anything about her personal background other than that she's married to Irving Kristol, and I assume she's the mother of Billy Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard and former Quayle advisor. Her own academic expertise is social policy; her schtick seems to be recommending a return to good old Victorian values. Amazon lists 23 titles under her name.

She's on AEI's "Council of Academic Advisors" (check out the list of ghouls at <http://www.aei.org/annual/trustee.htm>).

Doug