Congratulations, Judith Butler!

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Fri Feb 5 12:21:39 PST 1999

Re Alex's: "But if you're going to quote Right-wing think tanks when you attack fellow Leftists, that amounts to an act of treason. Okay, okay, 'treason' is a bit melodramatic!! But it really doesn't help the Left as a whole when you glibly quote the NAS."

Silly me, I was reacting to the *substance* of what Denis Dutton said, rather than the fact that he is affiliated with this NAS that has you so het up. And thank you so much, Commissar LoCascio, for accusing me of treason, melodramatically or otherwise. That is a major contribution, indeed, to the advancement of progressive causes everywhere.

Carl Remick