Mindspring censorship (Over-limit, but it's really important)

Sat Feb 6 14:00:55 PST 1999

The Soviet Union had the right to abortion. Healthcare was free.

The SU had an equal rights for woman provision in its constitution from the beginning. The "democratic" U.S.still doesn't have one and voted it down by one state at the end of the 70's.

In the U.S.,abortion rights and abilities are impacted by class status and income, so they aren't so far from the class struggle for working class women.

Charles Brown

On Sat, 06 Feb 1999 15:56:22 -0500 pms <laflame at mindspring.com> writes:

>Hmmm. Just heard on the radio that mindspring has pulled the web page
of
>an atlanta anti-abortion group that publishes names and addresses of
clinic
>personel. The owner apparently announced yesterday that he would place
>video cameras at clinic to monitor for the internet. So many
implications.
>Comments?

No, but I do have a question. What do Marxists say about an issue like abortion, which is soooo beyond the relations of production and the class struggle?

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]