What Is Deconstruction/Post-Structuralism?

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Sat Feb 6 22:18:37 PST 1999

-----Original Message----- From: Chuck Miller <cmiller at Kemtah.com>

>At the same time, Derrida works at the systemic level and
simultaneously
>allows the retention of the category of the individual, without
denuding
>the latter of any meaning.

hi chuck, marx does too retain the individual; though some folks forget. ya can't make any definite distinctions - in the sense of philosophic ones - between marx and Derrida, me thinks, without deploying at the same time a particularly one-sided marxism and a caricature of Derrida. comforting, but not finally interesting or helpful.

angela