Abortion Rights: Marxists and Liberals

Alex LoCascio alexlocascio at juno.com
Sun Feb 7 11:13:13 PST 1999

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999 21:19:29 EST Apsken at aol.com writes:

>Alex postures with condescension, but declines to read and reflect, in
his
>preference for a theological doctrine instead of a Marxist tradition and
>practice to guide him.

You're constructing straws again. I don't want a theological doctrine. I want solid *reasons* and *justifications* for having certain convictions. Is this making sense to you yet, Ken? Those who crave theologies don't *need* reasons and justifications.

>My example that Alex disdained demonstrated perfectly the distinction
between
>Marxists and liberals with respect to abortion rights.

I didn't even address your statement about the distinctions between Marxists and liberals on the abortion question. What I *did* do was call you on your hypocritical statements about Marxists universally upholding "rights" such as free speech, even though you attempted to squelch my free speech by saying that the issue of abortion is beyond discussion.

<Ken's nostalgia trip about his activist youth snipped>

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]