Low Wage Pay Gains

Henry C.K. Liu hliu at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 8 01:06:07 PST 1999

That is precisely my point. Both the yen and the euro are not as important as hard statistics would suggest because both Japan and Europe lack an internationalist culture as compared to the US. The Asian crises for example, have caused both Japanese and European banks to retrenched much more than American banks who seem to have a deeper commitment to globalization. The Japanese and Europeans, came in late, grew too fast and left early. Also, if you look at Japanese and European businesses, their localization policies are way behind America's. It is a cultural problem. America's multi-ethnic culture and advanced in equal opportunity regulations in recent decades played a major role.

Henry