Rule of Law 101 (Re: Hitchens Turns GOP stool pigeon

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Mon Feb 8 09:46:07 PST 1999

michael at ecst.csuchico.edu wrote:

> Why do we have to choose between Starr and Clinton? It is that lesser
> of two evils that leads to dead end politics.

Hello michael!

You don't have to choose between Starr and Clinton. I hate Clinton, on political grounds for killing AFDC, and for the Sudan pharmacuetical factory, and for his anti-terrorist act that revoked the fifth and seventh amendments, and if I think for a minute I can come up with more political reasons, as well as on personal grounds for his rhetorical style which makes me grind my teeth every time I hear it. At the same time I thoroughly hate Special Persecutor Starr, along with all his sponsors, associates and allies, for their assault against democracy. Hitchens has evidently volunteered to be one of those allies.

The issue in Monicagate isn't donkey vs. elefink, even less is it left vs. right. It is police-state manufactured scandal vs. democratic elections. I'd hate Starr just as much, more even, if he were an agent of the Democrats hounding a Republican rather than vice-versa. Imagine it wasn't Bill, Monica and 1997, but George Bush, "Jennifer," and 1989. I assume practically all readers of LBO-talk would like to have seen George Bush booted out of office, but how would you feel about it being done by Starr's ugly, demented, and nakedly illegal methods? (Also, how would you like to have watched, say, Teddy Kennedy, scowling mightily at the video camera, declaring that if we let President Bush's sexual immorality go unpunished it signals the imminent collapse of Western Civilization?)

I have enough hate left over to offer up a double helping to the news media for their part in creating and nurturing this nauseating spectacle. As we all know (would Spiro Agnew lie to me?) the high masters of the news media are flaming liberals (i.e. Clinton-supporters) one and all, yet despite their sinister political inclinations, the lust for money won out. Look at all we've had to endure, just so they could sell a few billion dollars more advertising.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net

** Let's ask the first person we see. Let's wheel it out the door ** ** and when some freak comes along, we'll ask him. That way we'll ** ** get a disheartened viewpoint. - Charles Freck **