Mindspring censorship; abortion

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Mon Feb 8 18:17:29 PST 1999

Ego gratification. The illusion that someone is taking their opinion seriously. Look at some worst-case scenarios, some *real* vanity press outbursts -- Iacocca in "Iacocca," Al Dunlap strutting his stuff in "Mean Business," George Soros telling all in whatever-the-name-of-his-new-book-is. Who the hell takes this stuff at face value? Vanity, all is vanity.

Carl Remick

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Henwood [mailto:dhenwood at panix.com] Sent: Monday, February 08, 1999 8:52 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: Mindspring censorship; abortion

Carl Remick wrote:

>I've said this before, and I'll say it again -- what surprises me about
>PR isn't how subtle or sophistical it is but how obvious the lies are.

But Carl, people who don't spend money just for the hell of it - bigtime pig capitalists - spend money on PR. Surely they get something for it. What?

Doug