Butler

d-m-c at worldnet.att.net d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 9 06:00:06 PST 1999

I'm really not sure I understand the concerns here. Folks don't like Butler et al because she diverts 'our' attentions from what our *real* concerns are supposed to be? And this is what? Activism with a capital A?

Well hooly dooly but I thought this was a listserv. Well it was last time I checked. Doug? I know I've considered you a god--even a capital G(-string) one--these past coupla years, but honestly I didn't think you were capable of transforming listservs into anything other than the exchange of bits of data that we interpret as standing for meaningful ideas, insults, inane assertions, reasonable arguments, narcissistic preening, auto- and mutual-eroticism, rants, nostalgic reveries, and if ya ask Carrol, all--ALL--of it is generally the stoooopidest thing he's ever read. 'Except Yoshie, of course. BTW, do you two work in pairs? 'Cause I'm thinking that it'd work better if you'se guys did a good cop/bad cop routine. Ask Charles, he knows ALL about cop shows. Then Paul will tell you how Chaz has got it all wrong. And then he, Eric, Doug, and Max (I think I'm in love w/ your ironic posts Max; I'll try my bestest to be one of them women yer looking for, 'kay?) can get together and administer irony injections when it gets to be that time of the month.

Now it's just foolishness to dismiss this reading of Judy against this activist standard. What was it now, something about developing a platform?

Excuse me? A platform for a political program? Well if you ask some folks on this list, it's all figured out, case closed. And anyone who doesn't agree is a provacateur, a bourgeois liberal, a fascist, an idealist pomo....oh just fill in the blank with whatever phrase is thought to be most insulting at the moment. And, if you ask some others, they wouldn't want to be part of the Party even if you threatened 'em with the Lesbian Phallus.

Besides, let's face it, we're all deluded if we think this listserv is anything--ANYTHING--but DougDaddy's space for his shameless self-promotions. Gad, and here I looked up to y'all and thought you were so much smarter than this.

~~Kelley