MBAs v felons

Sam Pawlett epawlett at uniserve.com
Tue Feb 9 09:30:38 PST 1999

Interesting. In my experience as an undergrad in economics, I found that as students learned neo-classical economics their own personal behavior came to resemble the behaviour ascribed to people in NC economic models. If everyone studied academic economics the world would resemble a neo-classical economic model. A kind of self-fulfilling prophecy. Economics majors in the pub could be overheard saying things like "Hey man, I'm not risk-averse! Lets go let the air out of that guy's tires!" I think Doug Henwood mentioned as article on the relationship between econ students and selfishness in one of his LBO's.

Sam Pawlett