mindnumbing activism

d-m-c at worldnet.att.net d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 9 12:16:49 PST 1999

Now some poor net newbie forwarded that silly petition which contained:

>In an unusual joint letter released to the media on March 14th from

>Radical right leader Beverly LaHaye also went on Christian "talk radio" on
Friday >to >blast American

March 14th was last yr? We haven't had March 14th yet? Have we?

See, you know what I think? This little petition thingy has actually been created by a cabal of nasty nasty RightWingers to demonstrate our utterly harmless and stoopid Left Wacademics, Wactivists, and NetGeeks are. They'll get back tons and tons o' petitions sigs from every 25th (well sorta) recipient and they'll know who we are and which among us are rilly and trooly stoopid. I'd like to get my hands on THAT list!

This happened last year re feminist activist networks. someone made up this thing about how a young black female student at a local community college had been brutally raped by 5 white guys. She was in desperate need of medical care but couldn't afford it, so the student gov't had agreed to donate a buck for every petition sig they collected. This thing went thru a ton of 'activist' networks (heehooo now that's a good one and appropros of a whole lotta something) and NO ONE said, "Hey, why come that poor girl's gotta wait around for sigs and why come the student council can't just give her the money instead of tying it to petition sigs?"

How's that for mindless and mindnumbing Activism there Alex?!!???

Smooches, Your Fave Dead Horse Beater