Jesse Jackson to poor: buy DELL!

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Tue Feb 9 16:27:41 PST 1999

Dear Curtiss,

I'm sure that the Rev. Jackson & company has thought this through. Naturally guide-lines and a code of ethics for instructors would have to be agreed on by the parties involved. You wouldn't want someone editorializing for or selling their financial product!

The real problem today is with these so-called financial planners or advisors who have no real education in economics, finance or business. In the old days they were called insurance salesmen or mutual fund salesman and they performed a useful service to society. Today they are called financial planners or advisors and they spread 99% of the economic mis-information that is out there---and they have had a huge effect on the political-economic debate in this country. Most of it negative. These are the people who are shaping the economic debate.

Your email pal,

Tom L.