Jesse Jackson to poor: buy DELL!

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 9 21:50:25 PST 1999

Tom, you may remember me mentioning how gung-ho I was after I started learning a bit about taking care of money(overcoming a lifelong allergic reaction). I even wanted to start preaching the gospel, you don't need much more than you can learn reading a couple of books, Consumer Reports, etc. You just need to realize that you can take your money seriously, even though you don't have much money. So. When I read this Jackson thing, it didn't seem that off base. Even my best friend, who has a law degree, is clueless about what a Roth is.

But as I was driving to work tonight, I started thinkin' of how it's too bad the bull market's so old. And about Jesse, who seems to have been getting some speaking fees from Wall St. gatherings (Bob Dylan too, makes me sick), and ya know-if I wanted to get my hand on all those Social Security privatization brokerage commissions, and I wanted to stifle some of the voices that should naturally be raised against my coming feast, I believe one of the things I'd do is get Jesse Jackson or someone to put out the word that, yeh, market can make you rich. You can invest some of your Social Security money and get some of that same gravy the rich slurp.

Why NOW? Jackson should have long known that these are the very people who needed this the most. This stuff is very intimidating, especially if you never read the business pages, and don't have enough money to get marketed too. No high school deals with it. Jackson comes up with this idea NOW, why now? Could it be----Social Security privatization?

Maybe a little bird's been chirping these ideas in Jesse's ear, ey?