chasing amy

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Wed Feb 10 06:10:54 PST 1999

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Charles Brown wrote:

> Leaving aside civil rights for a moment, I am curious about the
> answer to this question. All this scientific exploration as to the
> genetics or lack of genetic determination or hereditary
> determination of race, why wouldn't we want to know the answer
> about sexual preference too ? What's up on the mystification of
> this issue ?

You've made my point. I have no use for the "science" of race as race itself is an ascientific concept. Gee, look at all the good stuff that has come out of studying race. My point is that there is nothing to be gained politically from some pseudo-scientific attempts to normalize sexual orientation, and everything to lose.

I don't like sociobiololgy when the right does it, and I don't like it any better when the left does it.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com