Postmodernism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 10 14:35:29 PST 1999

Bromwich writes for Dissent, doesn't he? I'd much rather read Jameson & Anderson than that narcotic periodical.

And this -

> All that
> is submerged in a theory whose demand is that people be known as obedient
> consumers, or exploited consumers whose revolt can only emerge through
> modified acts of consumption.

What is he talking about? I assume this is a joint review of the Jameson collection, The Cultural Turn, and Anderson's book that started as an intro to Jameson's. I read both of them, and I have no idea where he got that if he's talking about these books.

Doug