Keynes, Weber, & antiquity (typo)

Wed Feb 10 21:50:09 PST 1999

Oops typo in the second paragraph of the Krader passage; the missing stuff is capitalized:

"IF we examine the social life of the ancient Germans or Slavs we are by no means close to an 'original' human nature. The concealed premiss in this quest is that of Rousseau, Freud, the ancient primitivists, the modern Romantics: civilized man is damaged, the primitive state pure, the examination of the primitive state will tell us what HUMAN NATURE IS REALLY LIKE. THE FURTHER PREMISS OF BELOW AND WEBER IS THAT THE HUMAN BEING IS INDIVIDUALIST BY NATURE, , a premiss which goes right back to the early centuries of capitalism, to the school of natural right."