Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 11 07:51:37 PST 1999

Michael Yates wrote:

>Well, I must say that many colleagues are pretty stupid too. Perhaps
>you are right, best not to think about it too much. And as Carrol said,
>maybe retirement is the best bet.

What I don't get is how there seems to be no "economic" impact from this pervasive indifference and ignorance. How does the most technologically advanced and organizationally complex economy in the world keep chugging along when staffed by these former undergrads? Is it that we need maybe 5% of the labor force to be sophisticated with the other 95% made up of loyal drones?


More information about the lbo-talk mailing list