heterosexism vs homophobia/ anti-homosexuality (fwd)

Frances Bolton fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Thu Feb 11 09:30:10 PST 1999

Charles asks: << Do you remember the Free Love movement of the 60's ?>>

Nope, I'm too young. Folks my age (I'll be 30 in a couple of weeks) were the first people to come of sexual age equating sex and death. All the media coverage of AIDS began just as I was getting interested in sex. Grad students and faculty around my age are the postie-est people I've met--I think coming of age with Reagan and AIDS made us ironic defeatists.

I'm a touch hungover, so I can't promise that I'll stand by that characterization in a few hours.

frances