heterosexism vs homophobia/ anti-homosexuality (fwd)

Thu Feb 11 13:28:31 PST 1999

Yes, frankly I still believe there is some probability that AIDS was either developed originally or secondarily in a CIA or other intelligence agency lab for several politically repressive purposes, including stopping the free love movement. This is quite a radical movement and the powers-that-be know it. It is more tabooed than communism.

Charles

>>> "Frances Bolton" <fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu> 02/11 12:30 PM >>>
Charles asks: << Do you remember the Free Love movement of the 60's ?>>

Nope, I'm too young. Folks my age (I'll be 30 in a couple of weeks) were the first people to come of sexual age equating sex and death. All the media coverage of AIDS began just as I was getting interested in sex. Grad students and faculty around my age are the postie-est people I've met--I think coming of age with Reagan and AIDS made us ironic defeatists.

I'm a touch hungover, so I can't promise that I'll stand by that characterization in a few hours.

frances