Capitalist support for fascism....

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Feb 13 13:14:56 PST 1999

Rebuilding an economy is much easier than to construct it from the start. Germany in 1917 was a legitimate world power. Rebuilding on the basis of the existing infrastructure -- just as Germany and Japan did after WW II -- was not as difficult as constructing an economy from scratch.

With the dismantling of the USSR, Russian can no longer turn to the old Soviet infrastructure.

Present day Korea comes closest to an economy that could rebuild, although it may be seen as an extension of Japan to some extent, however, I don't think that any country has ever had to rebuild again in the face of the difficulties created by the modern capital market.

I know that capital was highly internationalized prior to WW I, but I do not think that it was nearly liquid as capital today. -- Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University Chico, CA 95929

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu