Professors earn 'stock' at Pitt business school

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Mon Feb 15 08:15:08 PST 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

> How revolting. Gawd, this makes me feel like an old grump, but is there
> anything in American society these days that isn't governed by money? Is
> there no end to this? Will the Clinton-Gore years bring us history's first
> society in which *all* impulses of critical thought and aesthetic feeling
> are rendered extinct? My normally reliable sense of irony is eluding me for
> the moment....
>
> Doug

Critical thought? Aesthetic feeling? Come on! It's an MBA school! They teach you to bullshit on powerpoint presentations, to exaggerate on your resume, and to feel good about spending long hours doing useless work. Do you really find this shocking or surprising?

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique