Anti Isreal = Anti-Semetism?

Mon Feb 15 10:57:49 PST 1999

>Hardly. This is the silly canard which fuels this debate. Germany as just
>one prominent example gives immigration and citizenship preference to ethnic
>Germans who live in communities that have not been within a German state for
>centuries.

Through an examination of 2000 cases Yale poli scientist Rogers Smith argues that America has endured a tradition of ascriptive racial hierarchy in the recognition of citzenship rights, the legal contestation over which he uses to interrogate basic assumptions about America's liberal and democratic tradition. I have just begun reading his Civic Ideals published by yale university press. Nathan, have you met Rogers?

yours, rakesh