Anti-war reunion

Fri Feb 19 08:50:46 PST 1999

Call to action. Some of you might remember my attempt in 1997 to gather together participants in the Oct.1967 march on the Pentagon for a reunion of anti-war protestors. Well, despite its failure I haven't given up on my opinion that it is important to history to get together one more time to show that we have not changed our essential beliefs over the years. The next obvious opportunity for a reunion event will be the 30 yr. anniversary of the Moratorium/Mobilization of October and November, 1969. History is written, it is said, 30 years after the fact and the revisionists and "stab-in-the-back" theorists are certainly busy writing school texts, articles and internet pages...all blaming the protestors for the loss of the war. We can let this stuff stand or use the opportunity of one last gathering to present our side. What can you do now? Send this appeal to your friends, listservs, web pages, organizations and colleagues. Talk up the possibility of a reunion, communicate and reason together. Contact me, Mike Garrison at mgarrison at localaccess.com if you can help with a web page (as Che would have said: "one, two, three...many web pages") and any other organizational assistance. Peace, Mike