Pentagon Estimate

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Tue Feb 23 14:40:26 PST 1999

Dear LBOers,

The Pentagon is estimating spending 3 or 4 billion dollars a year to have our military in Bosnia and Kosovo, according to the AP. Our presence in Bosnia is already costing us 1.5 billion dollars a year...of course that's before cost over-runs...or unpleasantness.

Not wanting to indulge in pro-Serbian propaganda, but, seeking the truth of the matter, I was struck by the fact that the Serbs are quoting Noam Chomsky who they call Noam "Comski" in a story posted on their website. The Serbs also seem to be engaging in some post-modern literary constructs in their explanations of the current situation. Or am I mistaking literary style for translation problems?

In all seriousness.

Your email pal,

Tom L.