For Buffy Neophytes and Fans

Maureen Therese Anderson manders at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 23 15:28:07 PST 1999

(Paul wrote, in re: Graeber's In These Times article:)

>So what did he think of the simultaneous and quite contrary story in the
>Weekly Standard? That's what I'd REALLY like to hear!

David Graeber responds:

Actually, I only found out about that essay because a friend (Gordon Fitch) passed the discussion on the LBO listserve over to me (like I would read the Weekly Standard? I have lectures to prepare anyway.) I then passed it to the ITT editors who really liked the exchange. My main thought: what the _hell_ were they thinking? Had they even watched any shows all the way through? I'm trying to think of which ones they _could_ have watched, but my knowledge isn't that comprehensive.