Linux

Doyle Saylor djsaylor at primenet.com
Tue Feb 23 21:10:08 PST 1999

Hello everyone,

Wojtek makes the point that Microsoft ought to be nationalized. I agree. In fact the debate about the nature of nationalizing the computer industry is an immanently red issue. A computer in every home, nationalization of the internet, standard machines, standard software, international cooperation are just as savvy ideas in computing as national health care. The operating system of computing ought to be based upon the public interest. Obviously monopoly interests run counter to public interests or unix would have been the standard to begin with. In addition because of the size of the U.S. market we could then consider what the world market ought to be like because our system would start the world system. Many and good issues to consider. Thanks Wojtek. A smart left thought! regards, Doyle Saylor