Sollers

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 24 08:30:03 PST 1999

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Can anyone tell me anything about Philippe Sollers, whom Bourdieu
> skewers in a new collection of his little polemical pieces just out from
> the New Press? Doug

... soixante-huitard, doyen of Tel Quel ... Perry Anderson wrote of his switching "virtually overnight [in the late 70s] from strident asseverations of materialism and a cult of the social order in China to revaluations of mysticism and an exaltation of the social order in the United States..."

--C. G. Estabrook