Fwd: Warning signs of the coming financial armageddon, #569

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 24 08:51:14 PST 1999

"Henry C.K. Liu" wrote:

> This is the conventional wisdom, but so far it has not ben borne out by empirical
> data.The odds of beating the market has improved due to the increased inefficiency in
> markets of immense complexity.

Henry, I used to sub to a maillist called "Walkers-in-Darkness," a support list for depressives and manic depressives. One day this woman, a regular on the list and widely liked (she was bipolar), posted somewhat as follows: "I'm cured. I'm dropping my meds. I'm canceling my appointments with my psychiatrist and therapist." (Within an hour there were about 50 posts saying in effect, "Oh no!." It had a happy ending: she came to her senses in about 24 hours, went back on her meds, etc.)

Somehow the tone of your post reminds me of her.

Carrol