coming financial armageddon/new wager offer for Max

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Feb 24 12:16:04 PST 1999

> What are you a lawyer ? How about if the monopoly
> media clearly refers to it as a "crash" ? Or if Doug
> and Paula say it's a crash ?

Presumably a fall of the market by some percentage constitutes a crash. Tell me what your percentage is, what the time frame is (you need a point of reference from which to measure the drop), and what index we are using. Alternatively, you could simply set a fixed number for, say, the Dow, and call that a crash (e.g., Mark Jones' 3000).

I'm afraid the media, Henwood, and Paula may be a too excitable for the role you suggest, if only a little.

> Or a meal at an Ethiopian restaurant in D.C. or
> Detroit, Chocolate City to Chocolate City ?

That would be fine, if a little unfair because our Ethiopian joints are probably better than yours. (I've been to all of them.) Last time I was in Detroit the most exotic thing I could find was Fishbone's (though that was pretty good).

Max