coming financial armageddon/new wager offer for Max

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Fri Feb 26 06:49:47 PST 1999

Max Sawicky wrote:

> > > I applaud your philanthropy. Let's say it stays
> > > above 1250 through July 31 and you've got a bet.
> > >

> > Make it November 31st and it's a deal (Wall Street likes to crash in the
> > fall, for some reason).
>
> ok. if you're sure a crash is in store,
> you should be willing to take 1100 as
> the floor. $50.

OK. I am not _sure_ a crash is in store -you know, the Heisenberg principle and all that. I think it is possible that the madness will last longer, since I still know a few people who haven't mortgaged their homes and thrown the money at the stock market. But not likely.

> As someone noted, this is not all that
> much of a drop.

70%?! Looks pretty big to me.

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique