For Buffy Neophytes and Fans

Fri Feb 26 08:25:38 PST 1999

I tend not to follow the Frankfurt school's line, though Marcuse is ok. I've seen lots of television in my life, but now I've gone extremely sane, i.e. Leninist. I'm also very, very cheerful, especially compared to the people I know who watch a lot of television. Real life is much more fun than television life.

Charles Brown

>>> <digloria at mindspring.com> 02/25/99 05:38PM >>>

>Your Adorno chip, perhaps?

hardly that adorno wouldn't 'get' the idea that tv is a material force, though. so doug ain't missing that! indeed, i'd say that adorno overestimated how much of a material force popular culture might be. now chaz, he sounds like a really cranky adorno gone mad!

gloriA