in the news

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Feb 26 10:11:53 PST 1999

I'm delighted to report an issue upon which I am in complete agreement with Doug. "The Left" always flourishes best in a growing economy. Crash individualizes workers as they scramble, individualistically, for survival. I've made this point on these lists in the past -- and as far as I know both the French and Russian revolutions occurred during what might be called "upticks" in the economy.

Carrol