Butler, Nussbaum, Paglia

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Fri Feb 26 11:08:32 PST 1999

Alex,

Just wanted to thank you for posting at least part of an annotated bibliography of the work of Judith Butler.

Don't let Carrol upset you. He gets kind of grumpy sometimes. BTW, Carrol, I still think that it is Sauron who looks more like a god than a human than the balrog in Tolkien. Hey, Sauron = Satan, pretty obviously, even if he was just the original Satan's (Melkor/Morgoth) assistant. But then, as a Milton scholar, would you say in _Paradise Lost_ that Satan was a god or a human? Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Alex LoCascio <alexlocascio at juno.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Friday, February 26, 1999 8:37 AM Subject: Re: Butler, Nussbaum, Paglia