pensions & fantasy

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Fri Feb 26 11:15:22 PST 1999

Dear Doug,

Your LBO analysis of Representative Nadler is very informative. I didn't know anything about this port of New York business or lack of rail transport into Manhattan(?). You should encourage Jerry to talk about it on C-Span. I think people really like to hear about real stuff. Not just fluff. I hope you talk about it more too!

The port of Lorain is considered to be the best naturally occurring harbor on Lake Erie. The only problem is that back in the early 60's, before the environment became a concern, a sewage treatment plant was built in the middle of the harbor. It would cost a small fortune to move it today---at least the cost of a small scale cruise missile attack or maybe a special corporate tax break. Then there is the pellet terminal, which the city allowed during the 80's panic in the steel industry---a very ugly site that needs re-located to a less prominent location.

Any comments about air and noise pollution caused by aircraft?

Your email pal,

Tom L.