Genetically Modified (GM) Food

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Feb 27 07:36:59 PST 1999

Jim Heartfield's take on genetically modified food is indistinguishable from Monsanto's response. I apologize, but I do not have the time to take his post apart point by point on his technical claims, except that I have not heard anybody suggest that the Terminator can spread to other plants.

Let me suggest Mark Lappe's new book as a good source.

One point: Monsanto's lawyers are going around threatening to sue printers and publishers who are distributing material that discusses science that disproves Monsanto's position. I can mention 3 cases: The Ecologist, Mark Lappe's book, and the television series on BgH.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu