To Yoshie, and anyone interested

Catherine Driscoll cdriscol at arts.adelaide.edu.au
Sat Feb 27 16:34:55 PST 1999

At 22:01 26/02/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>An 'effect of globalized conception of cultural production' because of
>>marketing (e.g. Spice Girls
>
>Catherine, you still like the Spice Girls?

I think the Spice Girls have been very interesting, and certainly I find them no less valid or worthwhile than most popular music. You want me to invoke the old Bad opposition? I think the Spice Girls are just as worthwhile as a politicised forum as any more lauded 'alternative' girl groups.

I also think they're not as interesting without 'Ginger'.

Catherine