I feel so dirty.

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 3 03:13:23 PST 1999

In message <v04011701b2b3c1fa4359@[166.84.250.86]>, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes

>Uh, James, just what's ludic about Bill Gates? Clinton may like his
>blowjobs and pizza, but he's still a loyal servant of Wall Street and the
>Fortune 500. Neither seems very lazy to me either.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but my point was that the sixties generation in the white house was just as capitalistic as the world war generation. The both seem inordinately lazy to me, dedicating vast amounts of their time to philanthropy and philandering -a sure sign of time on your hands (a bit like e-mail). Ludic is a self-description touted by the 'information society', it is fetishistic, but it also describes the monopoly of time they enjoy (but I think you know this argument). -- Jim heartfield