Malcolm X and SNCC

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Jan 4 09:15:01 PST 1999

>So, where does this strategy differ from the one Major Owens, Harold
>Washington, Ron Dellums and a host of other black activists created in the
>1970s and 1980s?
>
>--Nathan Newman

I don't know if Doug will ever get it together to set up an archive. What I would do if I were him, once itas set up, is tate that certain topics have been thrashed out as much as they can be and refer people to the archives. I have no interest in arguing about the Democratic Party with Nathan, which is not just beating a dead horse but taking all the parts of the dead horse's body and dumping them into a wood-chipper.

I don't ever expect Rakesh to post an lengthy, analysis of Malcolm X based on historical documentation. He is much happier trafficking in innuendo, so there seems to be little more to discuss with him on the topic. So that thread seems to be exhausted as well.

Art and revolution, anybody?

Louis Proyect