Art and Revolution

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Jan 5 06:40:34 PST 1999

>Doyle
>It was an interesting essay, but fails to really show anything much about
>why AE happened when it did. The association of AE to some Trotskyist has
>the same problem that Jim Heartfield brought up about Terry Eagleton's
>remarks on Dickens. Thanks Jim for the inspiration.

The emergence of AE as an art-form is of interest to art historians, just as the introduction of 12-tone is of interest to music historians. This is not what I am writing about. Although it may not be clear at the outset, I am much more interested in exploring the social role of art in late capitalism.

Louis Proyect