How the United States spies on us all

James Baird jlbaird3 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:45:16 PST 1999

>Hey, when you're the NSA, you don't have to sub to a list to read its
>traffic. And this message isn't even about terrorism.
>
>Years ago, a friend of a friend of mine who made a film about
surveillance
>for HBO told me that the NSA's computers are programmed to tap any
phone
>conversation containing the word "Israel." I bet they do the same for
>emails containing the word Saddam now too. Wonder how many spelling
>variants of the Libyan leader's name they recognize?
>
>Doug

While I assume that all our missives are being electronically archived at the very least, I myself would be disapointed if they were not being skimmed and summarized by some FBI technician. One likes to think of oneself as being at least as subversive as Groucho. Besides, in an age of faceless electronic surveillance and coersion, one longs for the Gestapo's human touch...

Jim Baird