efficiency in government as a left issues:

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Fri Jan 8 10:05:35 PST 1999

Re below:

Me: "As I said, I realize I can sound like a sap taking a position like that, but I've always thought the left's most powerful weapon is simply sweet reason."

Doug: "No I'm afraid it isn't. Reason has all too little to do with politics. People believe the most amazing crap and no amount of rational argument can dislodge it."

Which leaves what alternative, "all power grows out of the barrel of a gun"? What other route to social transformation is there other than (1) arguing or (2) shooting? I think the left has the better arguments, and the right will always have more bullets.

Carl Remick