Oakland highlights

Carrol Cox cbcox at mail.ilstu.edu
Sat Jan 9 20:04:43 PST 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Does the ruthless criticism of all that exists exempt black nationalism? If
> so, why?

No. It needs to be criticized, severely, but it needs to be criticized by those whose voices will be heard, not by those whose voices will merely create more noise. Rakesh might as well be scribbling in demotic sanscrit on a cave wall.

It could be that nothing on these lists makes any difference. I remain somewhat skeptical. But clearly there exist topics (the correct tactics for radical miners in Siberia, for example) on which the opinions of this list are fairly empty, whether or not there exist some topics on which our opinions make a difference.

Carrol