Sebastian Edwards

Mon Jan 11 05:44:05 PST 1999

>A late reply, I have been on assignment consulting with various world
>leaders,
>attending diplomatic soirees etc. Brad, you are evading Edwards mainpoint. He
>is not explaining what neoliberalism is, but that it has failed.

I don't think Edwards would accept that characterization of his argument--I think Edwards is saying that it *may well* fail unless much more support is provided for democracy in Latin America, and unless steps are taken in the industrial core to keep their markets open to Latin American imports, and to keep interest rates on loans to Latin America low...

Brad DeLong