it's Barr

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 11 21:21:10 PST 1999

At 09:12 PM 1/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Frances Bolton (PHI) wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Doug Henwood wrote:
>>
>>> Larry Flynt is supposed to name a Republican name tonight on Rivera
Live, 9
>>> PM eastern time, CNBC.
>>>
>>I have neither television or internet access. Will some kind soul please
>>send along the name of the repub.?
>
>Bob Barr had an affair with his present wife while married to his previous
>wife and refused to answer a question about this in a deposition taken
>during "a bitter divorce proceeding." His refusal to answer was under a
>Georgia statute that provided an out equivalent to the Fifth Amendment.
>Barr has criticized Clinton for using technicalities to evade answering
>questions, and Geraldo and Larry both flailed Barr for hypocrisy. Geraldo
>forbade Flynt talk about an abortion that one of Barr's wives had; Barr has
>denounced abortion as murder. A press conference, naming more names than
>Geraldo or CNBC's lawyers would let Flynt name, will happen after the show.
>Now Dershowitz and Falwell are commenting on the meaning of it all, but I
>have to finish cooking dinner.
>
>Doug

Couldn't happen to a scummier guy. Too bad it doesn't have more punch. Every time I see this guy I thing Warren G Harding has come back from the grave. I better admit, everything I know about Harding I learned from a Gore Vidal novel.

Hopefully we'll find out he forced his wife to have the abortion. That would be nice.

pms