The anthropic principle & Rakesh

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at oregon.uoregon.edu
Thu Jan 14 14:48:35 PST 1999

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Daniel wrote:

> left. I've never encountered a group of Marxists where this kind of nonsense
> was not happening, and I believe it has something to do with Marxism itself
> on a very fundamental level.

Well, it's quite simple, really: anyone who comes out and says, over and over again, that "I'm a Marxist", instead of debating the issues, is obviously not one. It's not really about Marxism, it's about dialectics, the thought-mode endemic to this crazy economic system we live in called capitalism, which means thinking through social contradictions instead of loudly proclaiming that "I'm right and you all are wrong".

-- Dennis