civility AGAIN

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Sun Jan 17 08:43:03 PST 1999

Dear Daniel,

If you want a real interesting read on olde Geo visit the George Washington's papers site at the Library of Congress. Most of his financial papers and expense accounts have been posted. These papers tell more about the man than anything else---and how seriously he adhered to his own rules of conduct. I don't think they make Geo out to be a hypocrite, but, they do put flesh on his historical bones. The financial papers also hold the answers to some mysteries and a more complete understanding of the American experience.

Also, you might note that the rules of civility copied and modified by Geo were written down when he was 12 or 13 years old---quite a project for a child.

Your email pal,

Tom L.