Joint Chiefs shakedown?

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Thu Jan 21 03:48:26 PST 1999

Sure, but "was leaked" is a particularly weasely way to present information. CH's use of the passive voice makes it really unclear whether it was even leaked to *him* -- maybe it's 4th or 5th hand info, or pure conjecture based on something leaked to someone else. It's not like it's attributed to "a high-ranking official who was at the meeting" -- any implication that he talked to a live person who was there would be a lot better. Not only does he leave it up to us to trust his source -- he makes it v. difficult to believe he even had a source.

Liza