disabled hurt by ADA

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 20 15:10:07 PST 1999

Marta Russell wrote:

>I haven't read this whole paper, but I do know that the consensus seems
>to be that employment of people with disabilities(pwds) has dropped since
>1986 (the ADA was passed in 1990, effective in 1991).

I haven't read any of the paper, but my guess was that the authors' critique of the ADA wouldn't be yours, but would more like Phil Gramm opposing a minimum wage increase - that legislation against the natural laws of the market only hurts those it's meant to help. I probably should read the paper before drawing that conclusion.

Doug