BLS Daily Report

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 20 15:44:46 PST 1999

Doug,

Readin' this stuff just hurts my lil ole head, but from what I can see, without the criminal penalty being picked up by smokers for the cigarette Big Cigars, The CPI would have decreased 1.475%, no?

And the CPI less food and energy would have risen just .075, after rising .2% for each of the previous four months. Right?

Now I don't recall all the good stuff I've read about this subject in the ever lucid LBO, but the phrase 'screeching halt' jumped into my head.

This is significant stuff, eh?

pms